Wednesday, September 29, 2010

When Did Jeff Hardy Start Painting His Face

2010: the toughest, the most beautiful

Last Olympic triathlon of the 2010 season. I am particularly fond of this place, for several reasons, all of a personal nature. This year, unfortunately
travel solo. I leave with comfortable to Roveleto at 8 am, the morning is fresh and beautiful: the car thermometer marks a minimum of no less than 9 ° in the shade of the mountains stretch of highway A7 Milano-Genova.

Arrival in the Ligurian town the last few minutes to 10.00, pick up the race packet and take the first picture.

sea early in the morning and surfing in the distance

Ok, there will be swimming in the village to dance a little 'samba. E 'opinion shared here at 12.45 the wave can only increase. Bene: sarà una nuotata epica.

Mi preparo con una calma che più calma non si può e nel frattempo arriva in loco anche Lucone direttamente da Ferrara.

Nel sistemare la bicicletta rompo inavvertitamente il contachilometri, pazienza. Finiti i preparativi mangio una barretta e mi dirigo verso la spiaggia per fare il bagnetto pre-gara. Adesso il mare è proprio mosso. Esco dall’acqua e vado al briefing pre-gara.

Mancano pochi minuti, entriamo in acqua e via che si parte. I primi 200m sono fantastici: due bracciate e via testa sott’acqua per infilarsi nelle onde che arrivano dal mare e che si infrangono a riva. Una volta al largo, si riesce a nuotare un po’ meglio. Le boe non si vedono, vabbè I follow the crowd. Rocking like a fishing float in the waves and I am pleased that the sea is no longer dirty and full of algae as the banks. Seeing
about 10min late compared to my standard, but not last even I seem to be right amongst the big group.

I climb on the bike and pedaling away. The course now I know. In 2009 he was a little shorter, but today the streets are so well made full (44km with a height of about 1000m). Pedalo well in the middle of a group of four people all of the triathlon club Savona, are ... Once the intruder in the middle of the first hill climb towards Caprile are ahead, walk away agile, but I do not follow the 4. Top of the hill and downhill path Gattorna up to, I'm re-passed by the Ligurian 4. Within 5km of flat after I start at a constant speed and recover the ground lost in the descent, including Savona, this time is the last and we shall not see again. He began the climb more challenging. Case report and agile as I get a lawn tractor. They are in company, even if on purpose by the triathtleta PRO PIACENZA, let us change it regularly. At the top, it tells me that it's over by then slingshot down and after 5 / 6 turns I have not seen.

Arrival in the transition area, this time I have the shoes with rubber bands and I absolutely have to be lightning. I'm going to put my socks and oppala: I find them rotten because I had thrown over the wetsuit. Do not come the first time. In short once again in record time T2: 3 minutes abundant.

best I can I try to run uphill, but that effort. Arriving in the middle are in a state of Python "media" and I pass them all. Last miles and I enjoy the arrival.

And now is the long awaited moment of troffie pesto and focaccia.

Recco: the toughest, the most beautiful, but also the most good. See you next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment